Wednesday, April 26, 2006

genesis

This is the first post to my blog, therefore genesis. Creative huh?

I had a day off entirely to myself today...no cell phone, no obligations (except those that are in my head), no precise plans. What to do, what to do? Start a blog, I says...get some thoughts off the ol' noggin. Always been wanting to do it, never have...perfect day for it.

So, I am sitting at my favorite coffee place, Doubleshot Coffee Company, blogging. Nice. Music playing in the background, listening to Jason (the guy behind the counter) talking about a coffee press for your home with a customer. I think my next coffee purchase is a French Press. Nothing like a great cup of coffee in my book. Especially if you can actually sit down and enjoy it and not be on the run. So, speaking of Doubleshot Coffee Company...let me put my voice out there in the growing controversy/situation surrounding this outstanding coffee shop. Seems Starbucks feels a little offended about Brian's (the owner) choice of a company name. They say it is a copyright infringement on their crappy Double Shot beverage. Now, don't get me wrong...I can swallow one of those in a pinch, but to honestly look at themselves in the mirror and convince themselves that Doubleshot Coffee is infringing on their Double Shot drink is a stretch. As Brian has said (and I agree) doubleshot is an industry term for two shots of espresso, not a refrigerated beverage from Starbucks. You can read about the whole ordeal at the website, I won't reiterate it here. The short end is that Starbucks is trying to throw their weight around and trying to get him to cease and desist. Unbelievable. When I first tried Starbucks, not bad I thought. Then I tried Seattle's Best while in Seattle. Blew them away. Didn't taste like burnt beans like most Starbucks coffee. Then Starbucks bought them out...guess they felt threatened there too. At least they let them still package their coffee and roast it the way they always had I assume. But, then one day whilst reading the paper I saw where this guy had opened a coffee shop in Tulsa...and roasts the beans right there in the store. Hold me back Betty...got a try this place. And finally got to. Man...no coffee had I ever put to my lips ever tasted so good. Amazing. Hooked. Need fabulous coffee? Come to Doubleshot Coffee. Order it off their website, whatever. Stinkin' great coffee.
Again...don't get me wrong...big business has their place in the world. But, come on. He isn't even looking to expand necessarily. Just wants to make great coffee for Tulsa. I am behind him...shaking from my caffeine buzz. :)

OK...enough about that.

This blog is to get things off me noggin, right? Little thoughts that cross my mind that I think I need to write down somewhere to keep track of the things I think about from time to time. So, therefore, I will. In a minute. Off to get a refill of the quite tasty Brazil Santos Mariah. Mmmmm...coffee. Good coffee. I will be back with another post shortly.

No comments: